What Can I Do to Get Rid of Varicose Veins?

If you are suffering from painful varicose veins, you may be wondering – What can I do to get rid of varicose veins. Fortunately, there are several treatments available that can relieve the discomfort associated with these troublesome veins.

What Are Varicose Veins?

Varicose veins are large, bulging veins that typically develop on the legs. They may be purple or blue in color and are visible beneath the skin. Varicose veins are damaged veins that form as a result of the malfunction of the one-way valves in the veins.

What Can I Do TO Get Rid Of Varicose Veins?

There are a variety of vein treatments for varicose veins including endovenous laser therapy, ambulatory phlebectomy, and Varithena.

Endovenous Laser Therapy (EVLT) is a non-surgical laser treatment that uses ultrasound-guided technology to target damaged veins. The laser energy is applied using a catheter (thin flexible tube) that is inserted through a tiny incision. The laser energy causes the vein to collapse and once the vein is closed, blood will be re-directed to healthy veins. EVLT is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthetic.

Ambulatory Phlebectomy is a procedure in which varicose veins are removed through tiny incisions made next to the veins. Ambulatory phlebectomy is ideal for bulging varicose veins that are close to the surface of the skin. It is an in-office procedure that takes about 1 hour to complete.

Varithena is a minimally invasive treatment that involves injecting a sclerosing agent into the abnormal vein, causing it to close. The closed vein is then absorbed by the body, so blood is rerouted to nearby healthy vessels. Patients are typically able to resume normal activities within 24 hours of Varithena treatment.

Would you like to learn more about treatment for varicose veins? Search our directory to find a practice in your area.

If you are in Windemere, FL or the surrounding areas, contact The Vascular Experts for a consultation.

You can reach them at www.tveflorida.com, or by calling (407) 236-1369.

Like this article?

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Linkdin
Share on Pinterest