If you’ve decided to have plastic surgery, it’s essential to select the right plastic surgeon for the job. It’s a good idea to interview multiple surgeons and then choose one you trust.
Here are 5 tips for choosing a plastic surgeon
- Get recommendations from family members and friends who’ve had work done: Ask trusted family members or friends that have had plastic surgery to give you an honest opinion about their plastic surgeon.
- Choose a board certified plastic surgeon: Make sure that the surgeon you choose is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS). Surgeons certified by the ABPS have to complete an accredited training program, and pass written and oral examinations in plastic and reconstructive surgery. Selecting a surgeon that is appropriately trained is the best way to ensure your health and safety.
- Look for an experienced surgeon: Choosing a well-trained plastic surgeon is important, but the surgeon should also have lots of experience, and be able to handle the specific procedure you are looking to have. Plastic surgeons that have significant experience are generally able to deliver better results.
- Consider their results: During your consultation be sure to take a look at the ‘before and after’ photos of past patients. This will give you a good idea of the type of results you can reasonably expect.
- Look for a surgeon with hospital access: Patients should always choose a surgeon that has privileges to perform the surgery they want done, at a reputable hospital. Should a complication arise during surgery you will be able to get the expert care you need at the hospital.
Are you looking for a plastic surgeon near you?
If you are in the Newport Beach or greater Orange County, CA areas, Tenley K. Lawton M.D. is our featured board-certified plastic surgeon.
You can reach Dr. Lawton at www.lawtonmd.com, or by calling (949) 835-5061.