Are you searching for a way to rejuvenate your dull, tired looking skin? Try microneedling. Microneedling is a non-invasive skin treatment that has been used for many years to achieve glowing, younger-looking skin. Although microneedling produces excellent skin rejuvenation results, there is now a combination treatment available with radiofrequency (RF) energy. But just how is RF microneedling different from microneedling.
Traditional microneedling is a minimally invasive treatment that uses a handheld device with micro-fine needles, to stimulate skin renewal.
Microneedling improves the tone and texture of the skin, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles, stretch marks, and scars. The procedure allows skin care products to penetrate more deeply, so they are able to work more effectively.
How microneedling works
The device is rolled over the skin, usually the face and neck, and creates tiny controlled puncture wounds that help to jumpstart the skin’s natural repair process.
As the skin moves into the repair mode there is an increase in the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential skin proteins that keep the skin firm and elastic.
Microneedling is often combined with PRP therapy to produce more advanced skin rejuvenation results.
The skin is somewhat red after microneedling, but once that clears, it looks noticeably plumper and more youthful.
Microneedling is the ideal treatment for patients looking for a non-invasive way to tighten the skin, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. It typically takes at least 3 microneedling treatments to achieve optimal skin rejuvenation. Sessions are spaced 4-6 weeks apart.
RF microneedling is a new dimension in skin rejuvenation, as it combines advanced radiofrequency energy with microneedling. The RF device has microscopic needles that simultaneously create tiny micro-injuries in the skin, while delivering RF energy.
RF energy microneedling is used to correct skin issues such as fine lines and wrinkles, scars, enlarged pores, mild to moderate skin laxity, and irregular skin tone and texture.
How RF microneedling works
The RF energy is delivered to the deep layers of the dermis, creating a heating effect that stimulates the production of collagen, and tightens and remodels the skin. There is no damage to the surface layer of the skin during RF microneedling. This makes RF microneedling safe for all skin types and skin tones.
A series of 2-3 RF microneedling sessions spaced one month apart is normally recommended to achieve the best outcome. However, this may vary depending on the type of skin issues being addressed.
RF microneedling is a virtually painless procedure. Patients may experience some redness after treatment, but this usually resolves within a day or two. The tone and texture of the skin will improve as new collagen forms. Most patients notice some improvement in the appearance of the skin about 6 weeks after treatment.
How is RF microneedling different from Microneedling?
- It penetrates deeper. Traditional microneedling creates micro-injuries on the surface of the skin, but RF Needling creates deep micro-channels. Combining RF with microneedling is therefore a more efficient procedure that produces more dramatic skin rejuvenation results.
- It stimulates more collagen. RF microneedling deposits RF energy into the deep dermal layer. The thermal effect that is generated stimulates more collagen than seen with traditional microneedling.
- It is safe. RF microneedling uses safe, proven RF technology that has been used in non-surgical skin tightening for many years. It does not damage the outer epidermal layer of the skin, and this makes it safe for all skin tones, including dark skin.
- It is customizable. The depth and intensity of the RF microneedling device can be adjusted, and this provides a wider array of options. It therefore facilitates the customized delivery of energy, so as to target each patient’s unique skin concerns.
- It is more efficient. Microneedling is known for its skin firming benefits, but when combined with RF energy, more profound skin tightening takes place. The procedure also helps to lift tissues for even better skin rejuvenation results.
If you are in the Santa Cruz, Campbell, or Watsonville, CA areas, contact Trilogy Medical & Aesthetics for more information on microneedling treatment.
Call (408) 844-0010 for their location in Campbell, (831) 600-8117 for the Santa Cruz office, or (831) 724-1164 for Watsonville.