Although breast augmentation surgery is extremely popular, there are also a vast number of women with excessively large breasts, who greatly desire breast reduction. So if you have large heavy breasts that make you feel embarrassed and self-conscious, you are not alone. You may also be interested in finding out how to determine if you are a good candidate for breast reduction.
Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgery is performed to contour and resize the breasts. This usually involves the surgical removal of tissue and skin. The surgeon will also raise the nipple-areola complex to a more suitable position.
You are probably a good candidate for breast reduction IF:
- The size of your breasts makes it difficult to participate in sporting activities. Some women with large breasts often find exercise awkward and painful.
- The weight of your breasts is causing you pain in the neck, shoulders, or upper back. Some women also have grooves in the shoulder because of the tight bra straps.
- You experience breast discomfort when sleeping or lying down.
- Your breasts are disproportionately large when compared to your body size.
- Your breasts are very heavy and droop significantly, causing the nipples and areolas to point downward.
- Your breasts are unequal in size; one is noticeably larger than the other.
If you are experiencing physical challenges because of your overly large breasts, you may be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. Patients contemplating breast reduction should already be at their long term stable weight.
If you are in Minneapolis or St Paul, contact Rocheford Plastic Surgery in Woodbury, MN for consultation. Dr. Heather Rocheford would be happy to meet with you to discuss the breast reduction procedure. Call 651-739-1100 today for your appointment.